Thursday 5 December 2013

Really quick gifts for Christmas



Hello - happy December!

So you may have noticed that this blog isn't entitled Quick Quilt finished - and that would be because my sewing machine decided that it didn't like the thread I was using to quilt with - so I have to undo the bit that I had managed and then start again - I will keep you posted! and put up a photo of the completed quilt when I've finished it!!!
So instead this week I have another treat - which I managed to make while at the Quilt Show at Shepton Mallet last weekend -

I bought these hessian bags and decorated them with stars and Christmas trees - but you could use any shape you like!
I bonded a fusible web to the back of my chosen fabrics before I die cut the shapes - using Bigz die 656340 for the Primitive stars and Bigz die A10195 for the tree.
I then arranged them and fused them onto the bags - job done - you could stitch them on if you want.
You could also use ready made calico bags - or if time allows you could make your own.
I think I'm going to give one of these to my eldest daughter to use for her Christmas shopping - which will make her smile!
I have another gift idea for next week - it will take slightly longer, but is fun!

Meanwhile check out our new web page -
http://www.sizzix.co.uk/quilting-and-applique-with-sizzix
for more ideas.

Keep calm and keep sewing!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment