Friday 27 December 2013

Back to journaling - praising the leftovers!


Hi, did you have a good, peaceful Christmas time?
I had - celebrating Christmas at home, in new place - this time in more quiet way than it was years before. But you know? I liked it too - I had a moment to work on one or two special projects, to think about my plans for the coming days, to try something new...
Before Christmas I was making project like crazy - I had to be on time with so many cards, layouts and journals that it was a great pleasure for me to do something just for myself as a break and a bit of "mind stretching"! I was lucky to have great inspiration - my friend's Round Robin - and here is the result of my "free time creating".




I have a special "leftover basket" in my studio now - I put there all the bits and pieces of Sizzix cut-outs I didn't use in my projects - and when I need some elements, some quick inspiration - I can always get some from there! Can you see how in quick and easy way I could build, interesting, layered background using some flower and doily elements from my small collection?




Here is the list of dies I used for this project - but it would work with any similar ones :)
- 658947 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Doily & Doily Border
659127 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Frame Layers & Flower #2
- 658506 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Vintage Doily
- 658502 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Flower, Daisy
- 658720 - Sizzix Bigz Die - Ornate Frame 

I really think this basket was a great idea - it is a shame to throw away pieces you don't need in  that moment...they can be perfect for your future projects, right?
Sending you lots of love
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment